Bobb Howard’s Community Service Station was opened on October 12th, Columbus Day, in the year 1946 by Eileen’s parents, Gert and Sam.  The neighborhood developed around the station, with people flocking to the suburbs seeking a better quality of life.  Through much hard work, long hours, honesty and integrity, the business thrived and grew in both customer base and building size.  Thirty years later, on May 1st, 1976, Eileen’s husband, Ronnie, joined the family business and given the right “tools” and values to work with, the 2nd generation of Bobb Howard’s began....In 1982, we converted the office into a convenience store (one of the 1st on Long Island in a service station).  Twenty one years ago, Eileen decided that now that there was a mini mart on every corner, and noticing the frenetic pace of today’s computerized world, it was time for a change...time to go back to a simpler time, to have people remember what it felt like to be a “kid in a candy store” again, and go back to a time when games didn’t require batteries!  So, she started slowly converting the fast-paced convenience store into an old-time candy and toy store where kids of all ages could come and browse and giggle with nostalgic memories...

Today, as in 1946, those old-time values continue...As we look around us, and watch other repair shops go in and out of business, or ‘change hands’, we’re still here on the corner of Bryant and Lakeville, striving to give our customers an ‘honest count’ and treat them as family...

We’re now servicing 2nd, 3rd, and even 4th generations

of families’ automobiles!!!

  We must be doing something right after 69 years!

copyright 2010 - 2015   bobb howard’s nassau, inc.   all rights reserved

a little bit about us



NEW YORK  11040

516 488-7996